In response to WP Weekly Photo Challenge: Favourite Place.

To be miniaturised is not small-minded.
To love you needs more details than the Book of Kells—
Your harbours, your photography, your democratic intellect
Still boundless, chip of a nation.
—Robert Crawford

Guess my favourite place!

18-03-21-favourite.jpg

1. My birthplace! Though I’ve never managed to spend enough time there.

1. Aw, you’re Embra-born? It must’ve been fascinating to be growing up there.

1. Sadly, I grew up elsewhere. In Kirkcaldy for a few years, then New Zealand.

1. Well, that doesn’t sound so bad! I bet New Zealand is better, weather-wise!

1. Much better weather, beaches you can swim at 😀 I do miss the beautiful architecture, the art, that sense of the past accompanying you on every step that I always feel in Edinburgh though.

2. I see what you mean! The sense of history and mystery is everywhere in Edinburgh!

1. My mother’s side of the family was from Dunfermline, so when my parents retired they leased a caravan for summers on the Firth. I visited one time many years ago, and went to Edinburgh for the Tatoo. What a marvelous city! And, of course, I enjoyed it more when I watched “Chariots of Fire” and Eric Liddell said he would be sad to leave Auld reekie.

1. Aw, that sounds beautiful! Scotland is a magnificent place, obviously. I had the great luck to attend the Tattoo myself, and it was hugely impressive. Despite the cold and the constant drizzle.

2. I don’t have a clue where this is, but given my love for rounded architectural features, that structure in the foreground is a winner!!

1. It’s Edinburgh, Scotland, and I can totally see what you mean! I’m a huge fan of round things too. That’s the only shape I tolerate. I have a circle tattooed on my shoulder 😉

1. We live in a world with so many lines and sharp edges, it’s comforting to see elements that are rounded and soft looking.

1. You said it perfectly. I like to smooth the edges that surrounds us.

3. […] Weekly Photo Challenge: Favourite – Mara Eastern […]

4. Funny we spent a month in Scotland recently (including Edinburgh) and I never saw this view! It’s very lovely and your photo is beautiful

1. Ah, that’s a shame! It’s a classic view of the city from Calton Hill, the green park interspersed with architectural monuments at the foot of Princes Street. Hope you enjoyed your stay!

5. […] blogWeekly Photo Challenge: Favourite Place DUBAI : weekly photo challenge – Exploredbymafaza Weekly Photo Challenge: Favourite – Mara Eastern My Happy Place – Ohm Sweet Ohm MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHOFavorite Place The Outer Banks of North […]

6. What a beautiful picture. Perfect spot to take the shot.
    My response on the theme: https://wordpress.com/post/satyaanveshan.wordpress.com/725

1. Thank you for you comment, glad you like!

7. This looks super green and bright and I want to say “hi-res” but more in style than in camera technicality.

1. Would you believe that I don’t even like the colour green?