In response to WP Weekly Photo Challenge: Out of This World.

I’m not a frequent traveller, less so a frequent flyer, so the night-lit landscape as seen from the plane on my recent enforced business trip was quite otherworldly to me. I mean, it is lovely, but I do hope to avoid travelling in the future, as it’s on the list of top things I hate the most.

1. Flying is fun right? The world seems so peaceful from on high. ❤️😎🛫

1. Well, it’s sort of fun. And sort of scary. Not my preferred pastime!

2. It’s a great photo and I agree with you about flying, though I look at it as a necessary means to an end.

1. I’ll look at the bright side: I probably won’t have to fly anywhere anytime soon. Wait. Wrong. I might be taking another business trip in spring. But after that, I hope I’m done.

1. Well good luck with all that. Living where i do its a long way to anywhere and so the most effective way to get there is to fly. This explains why I don’t go anywhere….lol

1. Isn’t that a bit stark?

1. I like stark, for one!

2. Actually, likewise. And I don’t even need to live on an island. Wait. Is Europe considered basically an island?

1. I don’t know, I didn’t see many coconut trees when I was there, or beaches come to think of it.

2. Well, just wait for it, I hear that now with this global warming, we might have the sea coming to us!

3. I live 35kms from the coast and I fear waking one morning to discover I am now a coastal resort.

4. I live in the heart of Europe. So I’m getting an ocean later than you… You wouldn’t like your home to be a coastal resort?

5. No not particularly, think of all the sand you be forever sweeping up. Though the sea breeze on a hot day would be good.

6. Sweeping up sand? Couldn’t be bothered. The sea though… I love water!

7. Oh yes I think it would be wonderful to watch the waves roll in out my back window.

2. Aren’t you a janitor for a hovel?

1. Ha! Basically, yes, but that doesn’t prevent me from anything.

1. Well I’m glad your job doesn’t inhibit your neural function. It certainly does my, a whole fucking lot.

2. I have several jobs, so should one inhibit me, another one wouldn’t! Or it would too. Now I confused myself.

3. Where did you go? Is that a reason why I didn’t see too many posts from you recently?

1. I’ve been on business to London, via Munich, and yes, that’s exactly why I’ve been absent recently! Now I’m recovering from the travelling, it was quite taxing, and I’m catching up with the blogosphere!

1. Nice, London! Good to have you back, I hope you will tell us something interesting from the trip in your own unique way!

1. Haha, in my own unique way, that made me laugh because it’s so true 😀

4. There it is! Now I know where you’ve been, but why? I’m not a huge fan of flying either, but it’s an efficient way of getting from A to B. Nice pic. Adelaide at night is very pretty from on high. It is one of only a couple of cities where the atmospheric conditions are perfect to create twinkling lights 🙂

1. Aw, twinkling lights! Sounds very nice! The sight was so unusual to me and so pretty, a shame my poor phone camera didn’t capture it too well. The sights were the only thing that made the flight endurable.

1. Some things viewed from above look awesome.

5. […] Weekly Photo Challenge: Out of This World – Mara Eastern […]

6. What kind of camera are you using? The image is a bit low-res / grainy. I remember when I took pictures like this when I was in my teens, kind of romantically engaged with blurred lights, streetlights or airplane lights or etc. I wonder if this was a bit of a serotonin rush or am I just reading into it too much?

1. The image is horrible, no kidding, a shame it didn’t manage to capture what I saw. It’s a simple phone camera, no pretension of “photography” here. I do like twinkly and blurry lights though.

Serotonin? Nope, I don’t have this thing, and I don’t think my pills that should compensate for it do their job; so probably a serotonin rush can be ruled out.