Elbow to elbow | Thigh to thigh
The guy on a packed bus | Sitting next to me
No | On top of me

He’s in my personal space | I’m in his
Hardly humans, more pigs | In slaughterhouse no. five

Thrown together by chance | Forced to intimacy
With strangers | We are

He’s on the phone | So am I
He doesn’t know | I’m watching
With a keen eye | and writing about
Him and me being here | now

1. You may thing it odd, but I thought of this song (the female singer is sitting next to a large guy on a commuter train): https://youtu.be/TG5fUlecZms

1. Oh, what a shame, the video seems to be unavailable now. But you got the image just right!

1. Oh well. If you are curious, Google “The Roches The Train”

1. face palm I have no idea why it didn’t occur to me to Google before.

1. Since the video wasn’t available I wasn’t sure if you could see the title. (Google is my friend – I over use it and not my memory cells ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

2. Google is my bestie. And the nemesis of my brain cells.

2. I like this. It’s subversive.

1. Thank you! I was bored on the bus, so I produced this on the go…

3. Cool words and post Mara!

1. Thank you! Being out among people makes me somehow feel poetic…

4. Aah, she’s turned poetess now ๐Ÿ™‚ Like it!

1. Haha, no, I was just so bored that I composed this would-be-poem in my head and posted it right on the bus from my phone!

1. Clever you ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Boredom leads to creativity ๐Ÿ˜€

5. My holiday in Japan was an education in the intimacy of strangers as every train ride was up close and personal, but they take it as normal and never blink an eye at it.

1. I see! That’s an interesting experience. Maybe an experience one would pass on ๐Ÿ˜‰ It’s normal, can’t be avoided, but it still makes me feel unpleasant and somewhat violated when I’m somewhere where it’s crowded and packed.

6. Ooooh, I like this!

1. Ooh, thank you very much!