The cat is waiting for me to finish my shower, so she could jump right in and drink the soapy water, clearly not knowing any better.

1. Define “knowing better.” She knows it tastes like soapy water. She happens to like soapy water. My dog prefers mud puddles to the clean water in her bowl. She considers it flavored water. Humans pay money for that.

1. LOL ๐Ÿ˜€ I suspect it’s instinctual with animals: they are driven to drink filthy water from puddles and suspect the fresh water in their bowls. I’m currently using a coffee-scented shower gel, so my cat will soon have a caffeine problem.

2. Oh my gosh, Mara. What is it with cats and water? When I fill my cat bowls in the morning, I have to leave the tap running so Parker can play in the water for a bit. Soapy water, eh? I hope you use good soap! ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Exactly! Cats don’t go for the easy way. I do use a good soap: coffee-scented. It smells wonderful, though, unlike my cat, I’m not inclined to taste it.

3. Our cat does the same thing! I don’t get it!

1. Cats are such funny creatures, they do things their way!

4. My dog must be a cat! She does it too …

1. It’s probably more natural for animals, whether cats or dogs, to drink from puddles, as they would do in the wild. One just wonders why the creature would drink soapy water, it can’t taste too good.

1. There’s no accounting for taste!

5. Thatโ€™s why I will never understand cats. Nice soap? Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

1. Oh cats are not to be understood, they’re just to be accepted and admired ๐Ÿ˜€ My soap is coffee-scented, so I guess my cat might be a caffeine addict.

1. I have little experience with them and enough to be away from them. Yours seems to have good taste! Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

1. It’s funny, you’re the only person I’ve ever heard off who’s afraid of cats. Though I do remember your unpleasant encounter with them that you mentioned, so it makes sense that you’re not a huge cat person.

1. Good memory! Yes, Iโ€™m not fond of them. Yesterday I read that dogs have more neurons than cats, so that may explain my preference. Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

6. I read, just the other day, that cats prefer moving water … that’s why they prefer to drink from the tap … or dip a paw in their bowl so it moves around a little. My Hadassah always did that. McDuff likes the liquid in the olive bottles!

1. Oh I see! That seems to make sense. Cats are complicated creatures.