Michael has tentatively started a new regular feature. I decided to interpret his Wot I Saw Wednesday as a forum for the worst of bad pictures. Unlike other photography forums, this is one where I can contribute a lot of quality material. Continuing in the mode of my first response to this challenge, here is another shitty snap of myself when I was feeling shitty.

Dear life, I hate you. #selfie #depression #icanteven #whatever

A post shared by Mara Eastern (@maraeastern) on

Yesterday I had an identity crisis, which is my euphemism for a bout of depression. I wished I rather had a bout of anxiety. Well, now I know I should be more careful with what I wish for because I indeed woke up in an anxious fit today. Nothing half a Lexaurin wouldn’t fix, but nothing too enjoyable either. To make it fair, since I wasn’t enjoying myself, here is another crappy picture for you not to enjoy.

1. Wish I could do something to help you Mara. 😟

1. Aw, thank you! We all have our struggles…

2. Even your crappy pictures are good x Your hair is beautifully glossy 🙂

1. Aw, thank you! It’s more about the story than the picture here. My hair looks cool, right!

3. Well I am ‘impressed’, I always imagined you had an attractive head…..lol……well I remember saying we could use this prompt as a place to put your quality bad photos…though I’m thinking I’ll have to lift my game to participate as you have…..but I do like roses I have to say…lets see what next Wednesday brings our way…thanks so much for adding your photographic thoughts….

1. Hahaha, it’s possibly the first time I saw the top of my head and I was pleased with it. I’m sorry I didn’t contribute anything better to your lovely challenge, so maybe next time!

1. Remember it’s wot I shot and your head was a perfect contribution

4. I take an antidepressant which helps me take the edge off of things. I hope you feel better soon.

1. Thank you! My antidepressants work but don’t do wonders. Best wishes to you too!

5. I remember that totally adorable haircut you had. I think the photos are great–the story behind the photo. Yes.

1. Lol, thank you so much for being such a great fan! You always make me smile with your comments. Though I never smile.

1. haha! Mara, you are funny. no smiles, please

1. Thank you for tolerating me! It’s not a little thing.

6. Every time, I’m just amazed by the mundane and simplicity of your pictures. They are not crappy at all, as they’re telling a story (your story) in a real and profound way.
    Sorry to hear you don’t feel good, though. Hope you do soon.
    Cheers! Xoxo

1. I don’t even know how to begin to thank you for your super kind and uplifting comment. I like telling stories and I try to notice interesting details in commonplace things, but I’m not always successful.

1. You do great, don’t doubt yourself so much! 😉

1. Aw, thank you so much!