In response to WP Weekly Photo Challenge: Pedestrian.

I carry my umbrella like a fierce shield bearer. I’ll pierce you with its spike when it comes to it.

1. I don’t recognise any car brand in the photo. You wouldn’t stick it to me now….

1. How would you recognise the car brands when hardly anything of the cars is seen? Are you that good 😉 ?

1. Yes. My family is an Auto family. We’ve always owned GM car dealerships, so I growed up around cars. Thing is, GM produces cars in/for other countries so there may be models I don’t recognise.

1. I see! Well, European car market is very different from the US one, I think. In my country specifically, car ownership is by no means universal and it’s not such a marker of social status. Also, petrol (gas) is very expensive, so cars with low consumption are preferred. We have lots of Skodas, Volkswagens, some Opels and Peugots.

1. I see, some of those brands are also sold in the UK as well if I remember properly. My memory ain’t what it once were… Or was.

I love the idea of cars not being a status marker or symbol. I like cars like any other guy but if it becomes a religion or an OCD, that’s not cool.

Never heard of a Skoda but my spell check apparently has!

2. Haha, your spellcheck is so smart! Skoda is a Czech brand, so local to here, though I think Germans bought it. It’s like Volkswagen, an affordable car. (It’s not that everyone could afford it, including me, but whatever.)

2. I’ll stay well away from you if it’s raining, Mara! 🙂

janet

1. And I totally understand that! Have a great day 🙂

3. You have a weapon in your hands! Treat it with great care ……. otherwise it might turn inside out and not do it;s job of shielding you from the rain.

1. You’re right, my weapon might backfire! I was careful though and managed not to kill anyone, including myself.

4. I’m impressed that you are able to take a photograph whilst holding an open umbrella.

1. I’ve seen it done by someone else ages ago and I always wanted to try it. I didn’t even faceplant.

5. […] Way to See Ourselves / J HARDY CARROLL Frank J Casella PhotoblogJane M. Byrne Plaza – Chicago Weekly Photo Challenge: Pedestrian – Mara Eastern Mittened HandsMore Than Ever Daily Post Weekly Photo Challenge: Pedestrian – Cee’s […]

6. Shibin Dinesh 05/10/2017 at 6:56 am

Wow! That is an innovative way of photography 😀

1. I didn’t invent it but I was pleased it turned out alright! Thank you for stopping by 🙂

7. […] Weekly Photo Challenge: Pedestrian – Mara Eastern […]

8. That was original and I liked it.

1. Thank you for this compliment from the master!

1. Aha, now I’m a master! You’re too funny. Just take the compliment, and smile.

1. Sure, you’re a master, and I do accept the compliment, thank you bows awkwardly !

1. Ok, I’ll accept it too, modestly. Hugs your way.