No  subject is too low to deserve a photo. Every moment is a potential occasion for photography. That’s at least what I’m telling myself because I have no life and hence nothing to take pictures of. To prove to myself that anything goes, I did a photo shoot in Tesco.

1. Supermarkets aren’t a ‘low’ subject at all. I still regard them with the same awe I did when I saw the first ones open in the 1960s!

1. I regard with awe anything that brings me comfort and convenience – whether it’s a sink or a supermarket…

2. Mara–I love food shopping so this warmed my heart. I have taken photos of the produce and flowers at our local market. Needless to say–I think these are wonderful!

1. Aww, thank you so much for your kind comment, I’m so pleased that you found something to your liking in this little humble post! I like grocery shopping too – the process of choosing things and trying new things, not so much the process of going to the shop and carrying the groceries home… I have more photos from the supermarket for later 😉

3. When did you go shopping? The shop looks very empty 🙂

1. It’s often this empty, it’s a supermarket in a small town of 10 thousand people, serving also neighbouring villages, and it’s never crowded! Of course, I deliberately avoided people when taking my snaps too.

4. Love this post, nice photos! Nice work Mara. ❤️👍🏻

1. Thank you! I’m glad you don’t hate my humble effort 😀

1. More photos please Mara? ❤️☺️

1. As soon as I get down to it!

5. Simple is often best. I really like your work here. 🙂

1. I’m trying to appreciate simple things – it’s not that I always succeed. But thank you very much for your kind comment, I’m happy you found here something to your liking!

6. I think documenting things that are everyday is an appropriate subject for photography. Are you familiar with the photography of Martin Parr? He takes fantastic images documenting everyday, “normal” life as a sort of anthropological study.

1. I had to Google Martin Parr, and I was pleasantly surprised with his fresh perspective! Thank you for point him out to me. It’s good when you find something interesting in the everyday. Something to refresh the everyday a bit and make it, perhaps, extraordinary…

1. I’m glad to have introduced you to his work.

7. I too have gone to the local supermarket to take photos. Cemeteries are another fascinating venue, as are suburban streets and footpaths 🙂

1. Oh great, have you posted your photos on the blog? I’m not sure I’ve seen them… Cemeteries are perhaps my most favourite location to shoot at. So majestic, dignified and quiet… And streets, of course, are great too!

1. I did way back when I was doing the WP Photo 101 course. I went around to a lot of places collecting photos 🙂

1. Oh I see! It’s been a while, we’re such seasoned bloggers now 😀

1. Haha, thank you, the “wet” part blew my mind!

8. Well. That was meant to say “very” cute! LOL sorry about that.

1. Thank you for the correction, I would have assumed it was some slang phrase and would have tried to google it…

1. Hahaha. I can imagine.

2. Max once left me a comment that I had to google translate and it translated to “thanks for all the goats” or something similar. Hilarious.

1. Hahaha, this just made my day. I also thank you for all the goats.

1. 😂😂😂 I might have to start using it again.