Caged cat

Caged cat

I’ve been to a cat show today. It consists of people paying to be able to look at cats who do absolutely nothing (and mostly sleep while doing so). I paid the (admittedly smallish) fee willingly.

I undertook torturous effort to be able to see the cats. I ventured out in the inhumane cold. I used two trams and one bus to get to the exhibition hall. Normally, it would take one tram, but there was a diversion. Tram rails cracked on the usual line, apparently from the frost.

There were dozens of cats to see, probably nearing to a hundred. I moved from exhibit to exhibit, going aw all the time as I went. Disappointingly, the cats were placed in cages, though they didn’t seem to be too bothered and just slept in a perfectly nonplussed manner.

I exhibited extreme willpower because I didn’t take any of the cats home. Some of them were actually for sale, which rather puzzled me. What kind of a person would sell their cat? It’s akin to selling a child. When I returned home to my own cat, she either didn’t realise I was cheating on her or didn’t let on.

1. Aww… 💕😻💕

1. I know, right… I never saw so many cats together in one place. It was awesome.

2. Lol! I trust it hasn’t affected your relationship with your own cat then – may be she doesn’t mind you looking as long as you take your betrayal no further 🙂

1. Haha, I admit I was not only looking but touching also whenever I could, despite the DO NOT TOUCH signs on the cat cages. But come on, I always try to touch a cat when I see one. It’s an instinct.

1. They are so cute, I can’t blame you 🙂

3. Well done on the will power required to not return home with another cat. I’ve been avoiding any place that is holding a pet adoption event otherwise I risk becoming a crazy cat lady.

1. Haha, you still have far more people in the household than cats, so rest assured, you’re fine. I’m one cat away from having more cats then humans at home. It’s extremely tempting but so far I’ve managed to resist….

4. It kind of figures that if someone wants to sell their cat, they do not deserve to have it in the first place..

1. That’s perfect reasoning. I agree.

5. This probably won’t come as a shock to you: I’ve never been to a cat show, or a dog show.

1. Maybe you go to kids shows instead? If that’s a thing in your country. You gather a bunch of kindergarten/school kids and make them recite poetry and sing in front of an audience of parents. Painful for everyone concerned, I imagine.

1. Sounds like a true horror show!

1. It must be horror upon horror. I once nearly participated in this thing when I was a kid, but I was smart enough to come up with an excuse and run away. Very far. There was actually a search team looking for me and then I gave in and showed up, after the show was over.

1. Hehe, they were probably afraid that you’ve been kidnapped my some child abuser. Kudos to you for making them start a search team! 😀

2. Thanks for the kudos. The search team was relieved but not kudos-inclined when I finally emerged from the bushes from where I was observing their efforts.

6. Good you took yourself out, even if it was a cat show but I gathered you thoroughly enjoyed the experience and that is what it is all about…well done you….

1. If I ever enjoy anything, it’s cats. It wasn’t bad at all. Though it was surprisingly crowded and I hated it that you couldn’t cuddle the cats. See, I find something to hate in everything 😮 It takes a special kind of skills.

1. I believe so. I am in awe.

1. Haha, you never fail to cheer me up, thank you!

1. All part of the friendly service….😄

7. Nice! I’ve been to one cat show, long time ago.

Was this a cat adoption event?

The one I went to was a competition of sorts … they were checked out in various way and could win prizes or become champions.

1. It was apparently a competition and most of the cats were champions. It was advertised as a cat adoption event too, but I didn’t actually see any cats for adoption on the spot. I just went it to look at cats, I didn’t care for them competing. I mean, how can you pick the best cat? You can’t.