In response to Cardinal Guzman’s Changing Seasons challenge.

1. Gorgeous, COLOURFUL photos ๐Ÿ™‚ Nice to see you back – {{welcome}}

1. Thank you! I’m glad to be posting something again, so the pleasure is all mine ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Beautiful photos, Mara. I love the warm, rich glow of those autumn colours.

1. Thanks a lot! Autumn is for sure the most photogenic season in my book. Warm colours, but not warm temperatures, that’s my only complaint ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

1. Yes, in Scotland Autumn was often pretty but also very rainy and damp and grey. I enjoy the quality of light here in the US during Autumn. I cannot complain about the temperatures here in Pennsylvania either as it is still pretty warm during the day. I only switched on my overnight heating a couple of days ago to take the chill off.

1. You only switched your heating overnight, while here, my heating has been on since September, and it’s currently on full blast. It’s annoying, I never seem to get warm. I should probably move over to Pennsylvania ๐Ÿ™‚

1. It has been unusually warm here this year. Today I walked to and from work wearing a thin blouse.

2. And the warm wave has just been carried over the ocean all the way here… I’m not complaining.

3. Meanwhile, we just got a very bitterly cold snap. On Saturday, we were in short sleeved t-shirts during the day and then a couple of hours later it snowed. Crazy climate.

4. Isn’t it? We’re having so many weather swings these days. It’s confusing.

3. Wow! LOVE these photos. Perfect Autumn pictures. Good to see ya ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Awe, thank you โค Autumn is my favourite season. Except the cold temperatures. I nearly died of exposure taking these pics ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. It’s my favourite too, but I love the cold, crisp air and all that. Knowing that the sufferings of Summer is over ๐Ÿ™‚

1. The sufferings of summer, haha… I see what you mean, but I feel it differently ๐Ÿ™‚ 30ยฐ C inside is quite a comfy temperature for me. Minimum survivable is 26ยฐ C.

1. Just wanted to let you know; I also have this: http://hernibs.com Can’t be of any interest to anybody except myself LOL

2. Whew, a whole new hobby and one you’re pretty serious about! Awesome to hear. Really. I’m a stranger to the world of fountain pens, but I’ll pop in once in a while to see what your pens are up to!

3. I started that for two reasons: I didn’t want to go on about that in the regular blog. Was surprised to find that the URL was available LOL

4. I like to keep things compartmentalised too. With blogging though, I went for throwing everything together. You can’t please everyone all the time anyway, and it’s all me, no matter how varied, hence I only keep one blog. That, and also I’m too lazy to maintain more than one blog.

5. I say that so often … ยซyou can’t please them allยป but I apparently say it only ‘with my mouth’. It’s not fully settled in my mind, because I’m still trying.

6. Yep. That’s definitely a thing. There are things that I say, like “you can’t please them all”, and things I actually believe and do, and these are completely different.

4. Do I detect a hint of Christmas?

1. Baby Jesus forbid, no Christmas yet please, these were shot at a cemetery during All Saints period, that’s where all the decorations are coming from ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

1. It is only about six weeks away. Or is that five? ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Phew. Don’t try to scare me. I don’t like the Christmas fuss.

1. Just one day out of a year, don’t prepare, just wing it ๐Ÿ˜€

2. I’m determined to sleep through it.

3. That is possibly the best idea I have ever read in my entire life. The trouble is, something awful that repeats while you are asleep could be considered to be a recurring nightmare…

4. I’m pretty much used to nightmares, so I should be good. Your definition of Christmas as a recurring nightmare is the best.

5. Blink twice and it is Easter, time flies when you are having ‘fun’ ๐Ÿ˜€

6. I’m having so much “fun” that sometimes I think it will kill me before it’s Christmas or even Easter. Oh well, I’ll keep you posted.

7. Sadly I doubt it, thinking that ‘fun’ will kill you before Christmas is bordering on optimism. I suspect that you will have to suffer through it just like the rest of us ๐Ÿ˜€

8. There’s hope for me still. It’s been so freezing cold these days that if the “fun” I’m having doesn’t kill me, the cold will do the trick.

9. Meh, being cold really sucks. I get miserable at 10C nowadays.

10. I get miserable when the indoor temperature drops below 26 C.

11. I get that, I believe that you should not have to wear more than tee shirt and jeans all year round.

12. I would condescend to a light jacket on top of it. I’m always freezing.

13. Thats not good..

5. Wonderful colors in your gallery! You’re early with your post, but that’s good because it reminds me that I’ll have to edit my photos and publish my post soon too! ๐Ÿ˜€

1. I’m early? Well, I’m an overachiever. And I missed a few months, so now I’m trying to make up for it. Looking forward to your Oslo photos, they’re always seriously great โค

1. Thanks Mara. I’m not sure if they’re seriously great, but luckily I manage to capture some good shots in between all my useless ones. ๐Ÿ˜€

1. It might be luck, but you do have a sharp eye and a sense of the grungy, the edgy and the cheeky, which is right to my taste.

6. Wow – lots of gorgeous colours for this month! You were inspired ๐Ÿ™‚

1. November is the most colourful season in these parts, so not much effort was required on my part to capture it… I’m glad you like my modest snaps ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Such a wonderfully colourful gallery! Lovely pictures, Mara. ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Thank you very much for your lovely comment, I’m glad you enjoyed!