Extraordinary times and extraordinary measures

Extraordinary times and extraordinary measures

Hello guys and thanks everyone for your concerned messages regarding my cowardly disappearance from the blog! Now it’s when I assure you that I’m fine, right? Well, I’m not exactly fine, but I’m not keen on elaborating too much. I’m a firm believer in it being a common decency to shut up and deal with it rather than bogging everyone around with whatever bogs you.

To satisfy anyone possibly curious though, my health has been failing these last few months and I’ve been working 12 to 14 hours a day, trying to pay the bills – see, it’s boring shit and nothing to be curious about – but it perfectly explains my currently low blogging profile. If anything, I’d like to inspire not sympathy, but admiration of my badassness. That’s your hint 😉

For comic relief, in the crappy featured photo of this post (if you excuse my language, but given my self-proclaimed badass status, I reserve for myself the right to be offensive when I’m inclined so), I present, anticlimactically, a mug of tea. I hate tea and I never drink it unless I think I’m dying. Well, I drink it now. I thought it might help me to calm down, so I started taking a mug before bed. I can’t determine if it helps, but it tastes awful, so it must be healthy.

1. I sincerely hope you feel better soon Mara. I have wonders where you are. Hugs from the High Desert. Be well. xx

1. Awe, thank you! Hugs back from the eastern desert – the summer is back here with vengeance, so after a month of coats, we’re back to shorts. It’s making me confused.

1. Warm is good.

2. I am glad you are back; you have been missed.

1. Thank you so much for your kind comment! I appreciate your support.

3. You are drinking tea? No wonder you dont feel good..

1. I know, right! I even put sugar in my tea. Which is horrible because I never drink anything sweetened. Except tea. And I never drink tea. Normally.

1. I hope you get better soon!

1. Thank you! Me too. Though it’s looking like my recovery will be a long-term process (ending in death, as it happens).

1. Sorry to read that. In that case i would wish you the best possible quality of life until your final ‘recovery’ phase is completed.

2. Thank you. I’m working on recovering very intensely and consciously now. It sucks but needs to be done.

3. Good, I am expecting you to keep me amused for years 😀

4. You’re expecting me to keep you amused for years? No pressure, right 😉

5. Not really, if I follow my father I have four years to go, in the big scheme of things, that is not a long time..

6. I suggest you don’t follow your father then.

7. Well.. I will try not to.. Although I appreciate that it would put you under some pressure there 😀

4. Welcome back, I hope all is well.

1. Thanks a lot! I probably won’t be blogging regularly again any time soon, but it’s nice to tune in once in a while at least and see what you all are up to.

5. If I were a millionaire, I’d have helped you pay your bills! 😛 (I’m playing the lotto every Saturday, no kidding.)
    That somehow makes me apprehensive of my life in the future: I’ll have to pay the damn bills if I wish to live on my own and won’t have much disposable income. Pfff………
    Tea is good. I prefer it over coffee. People however tend to take it plain: I always add milk and a little bit of sugar. And your pics are never crappy; you know it. 😉
    Get well soon!

1. Awe, thank you for being so kind! I didn’t mean to scare you with my rather scary and depressing post. Good luck with your lotto. I never tried that, but I just as well might start now. I like the idea of tea – especially taken the English way, as you describe – but I can’t stand the taste. Green tea makes me literally sick. It probably contains something I’m sensitive to.

6. You’re alive!!

I share your sentiment about tea. I wish I could like tea, but it’s just badly flavoured hot water.
    I hope that whatever ails you improves quickly!

1. Yep, I’m still alive, sort of 😉 Same here – I love the idea of tea but not the taste of tea. Too bad. I’m a coffee person. Thanks for your comment, great hearing from you!

7. Glad to hear from you – hope your badassedness kicks your ass back into gear and health real soon 🙂

1. Ha! I love your comment. It cheered me up immensely. Thank you for that 🙂

8. Glad to see your badass self back on the blog, Mara. I hope you are feeling better soon.

1. Thanks a lot for your kind comment! Well, I also hope I’ll get better, but it’s been dragging on for months and no signs of improvement. I apparently need to make some serious changes to my lifestyle. Maybe blog more 😉

9. You are brave, drinking tea 😀 I could never drink it no matter how bad I feel. Hot coco is my medicine.

1. Haha, I know, I am brave for drinking tea! I didn’t try coco. But I might, now that you recommend it 🙂

10. Be well Mara. Tea is mostly evil so you are incredibly badass drinking it.

1. Thank you for appreciating my extreme bravery in drinking tea 😉 I’m almost coming to like it. Almost. Though I still try to avoid tasting it when I drink it. Coffee is my poison.

11. I was beginning to wonder if you got lost somewhere. I’m relieved to know that you are alive. Drink up, and heal your badass self!

1. Yep, bottoms up 😉 I’m not lost, just temporarily out of order, so to say. I’m still hoping to return at some point. It’s annoying that I’m not keeping up with fellow bloggers these days. It makes me feel vaguely bad about myself.

1. No need to feel “vaguely bad” about yourself. We all want you to rest and get better. 🙂

1. Thank you (provided that you remember what the heck you wrote in your comment two weeks ago when I only made myself to say thank you today…)

12. I like tea, but only “English Breakfast” taste — no others. So every night I drink a mug of decaf Twining’s English Breakfast. Would never, ever, drink decaf coffee, though.

It’s the proverbial, double-edged sword: it’s good that you have job, but it certainly sounds like you work too much.

1. I had English Breakfast tea in Scotland. Once. It made me sick. Quite literally.

I have no idea why anyone would want to drink decaf coffee. Or alcohol-free alcohol.

1. LOL @ alcohol-free alcohol. The only reason I drank the damned stuff was the effect of it 😀

13. You’re back from the online dead; that’s pretty badass!
    Trying to pay the bills is utterly boring shit, I deal with the same shit…

1. The news of my return from the dead were somewhat exaggerated. I’m a blogging zombie. Except today I thought I’d pop in, look at these two-week-old comments and scare the shit out of everyone, as zombies do.