Survival kit

Survival kit

Long time no see – a week since my last post, which is probably my record so far. What I hate the least today is therefore me managing to sneak in this little blogling (a diminutive for a blog post).

To give this little post more substance, I present in the featured image my collection of painkillers. I’m experimenting with various combinations of those these days. Sadly, so far nothing works.

A week to go until my doctor’s appointment, and I seriously hope she’ll prescribe me some Vicodin or something. Dr House style. I wouldn’t mind, I like House.

If House were my doctor, he’d probably diagnose me with a rare immunity against painkillers. I’ll keep you posted about what my not-House doctor diagnoses me with (if with anything indeed).

1. Pain of any kind sucks, and strong pain killers may well work but they do other nasty things to you also as I discovered post surgery lately. But if nothing works then you have to go a little stronger just to preserve your life style though I’d hope you’d not become as addicted as House is….take care of you, you are important to us all.

1. I’m sorry to hear about your post-surgery issues, it’s always a huge complication. I gather that you’re good now though, which is good. Take care too!

2. Vicodin? Yikes! That’s mean stuff, used it long ago for Hernia surgery pain. Don’t get addicted, hoping you feel better soon. Nice to hear from you! 😍

1. Vicodin is probably mean, and I doubt I’ll get it prescribed, though it would be nice to have a painkiller that actually works 😉 I’m probably in no danger of getting addicted any time soon, since the painkillers aren’t working, so I pretty much resigned and stopped taking any. Feels the same. Take care!

3. When I saw Dr. House’ withdrawal symptoms, I wouldn’t even be tempted to try Vicodin. That stuff sneaks up on you, methinks.

I’ve been sort of MIA myself, due to both my visitor and the cold.

Hope they’ll find out what it is and that it’s something that’s easily treatable.

1. I was mostly joking about Vicodin, I don’t even think this medication is distributed here. And I doubt anyone would prescribe it to me. Pain is particularly hard to prove to your doctor. I’ll see what my next doctor’s appointment will show. Thanks for commiserating 😉

1. It probably has a different name. I’ve had ONE once. I’d heard so much about them, so I really anticipated some marvellous effect … and nothing happened (except it took the edge off the toothache I was suffering from). 🙂

1. You’ve had Vicodin? Wow! An experience I’m envious about, as I’d really like to see what the hype is about for myself. But if it’s just like the rest of painkillers, that is, doesn’t work properly, then I don’t need to be sorry about not having it.

1. BIG disappointment to me! I waited … and waited. Nothing happened LOL

2. I got new prescription painkillers now, not Vicodin, and it’s fun – they help with the pain but I think they mess with my brain. I feel high when I take them. Or maybe I just feel high because I’ve forgotten how awesome it is not to be in pain. It’s a mystery.

3. Yeah, they sound like good stuff LOL Have you checked the ingredients? Could be interesting … sounds like they have codein in them. At least 😉

4. It’s called Nimesil and it lists an impressive series of possible side effects. Hallucinations are not on the list, but I swear I had altered states of consciousness on that. I stopped taking it, I felt like I would blackout, which would be inconvenient, given that I live alone.

5. Jaysus! Good thing you quit that one! Eeeek

6. Yep. I wish I had prescribed something more fun. Like pot 😮

7. I tried that once. It immediately put me to sleep 😐

8. I tried a few times and it did ab.so.lu.te.ly nothing. Disappointing. I’m talking about pot, in case you forgot what we were talking about. It’s been a long time, I know.

9. Yes, pot LOL and I was disappointed too. The other ones seemed to had so much fun, and I had to go to sleep. Pfft!

4. I hope you find something that works and stop the pain. For me, I’m lucky that Panadol works for quite a few pains I have. You know, I suppose when you discover that medication that makes you feel right as rain, hazy-fog-mind-but-feels-good feeling that it gives you, you might want to keep taking it again and again. That’s how I feel with a certain flu tablet that I tried earlier this year 😀

1. Thank you for commiserating and for sharing your experience too! Panadol is relatively mild, it’s good that it works for you as it should. I don’t remember ever feeling the way you describe – I’m probably really quite immune to medication – but I totally understand that it’s a peculiar feeling that one might want to seek out and end up addicted.

5. Sorry you aren’t well Mara. I’m on a concoction of voltaren (diclofenac) and panadeine forte (paracetamol with double strength codeine) and that seems to work for a good amount of time on my back spasms.

1. Thank you for tuning in! I’m sorry to hear that you suffer from such severe issues, but at least you’ve found something that helps… Even if it’s probably of little comfort to hear. Take care and stay safe from pain!

1. Thanks Mara. Much better now. Hope you’re doing well.

1. Good to hear you’re on the mend!

6. I hope you are feeling much better soon. Chronic pain is debilitating for mind and soul.

1. Exactly as you say – pain affects not only the body but also has impact on one’s mental faculties. It’s quite hard to stay focused and even in good mood when one is in constant pain. I’ll see how my problems will develop, perhaps the doctor I’ll be seeing soon will help. Thanks for commiserating and take care!

7. I like soluable aspirin. Good for joint pain…

1. I heard soluble meds are good and work fast. I’ve tried one of these, to no effect, but that didn’t make me biased 😉

1. I rate pain relief by the level that it dissociates me from pain. I would give soluble aspirin a 3 or 4 out of 10.

1. I see. Disappointing. I suspect the best painkiller is booze. Works for me. (And no, I don’t mix it with meds.)

8. You still managed to keep your unique sense of humour.
    … but I hope you find relief. Pain is bad.

1. Thank you for your comment. It delighted me immensely because I value a sense of humour and I’m hoping I have some, no matter how dire the circumstances might be 😉

9. Sorry to hear you have not been well. Pain is such a *** in the arse! I’ve been through a week of it myself – knee, neck, back. Seems to be resolving thank goodness. Anti-inflammatories (naprosyn) and a combination of panadol and if nec. a heavier version with codeine has worked for me. I hope you find relief soon.
    I came by too to post this link of a different kind of tatooist I thought you might interesting – here’s the link:https://chingum.wordpress.com/2016/08/22/adorable-miniature-circle-tattoos-created-by-turkish-artist-eva-krbdk/

1. The tattoos you linked to are so awesome that I’m instantly feeling better. Thank you for your good wishes. I haven’t been around much recently – not at all, really – so before I’m back, take care and have fun!