Socksies and no shoesies

Socksies and no shoesies

I know, I’m weird with my diminutives. I have socksies, shoesies, panties and whatnotsies. On my defence, it’s perfectly normal in my mother tongue to diminutivise what you hate the least. Today I hate my toeless sockies the least of everything that I hate the least, with the exception of the catsie (aka the cat), whom I always hate the least by default. (I have it all figured out.)

I use the toeless socksies for my yogsie practice on cold days. (Yoga is belittled here as yogsie because my limited take on yoga doesn’t deserve its full name.) My feet are as cold as my heart (that is, if I had any heart at all, it would be as cold as my feet) and regular socks are pretty much impossible to exercise in, given that the poses (posies) one strikes in yoga require a firm grasp of the ground with your soles and toes. Now, wait for it, my sockies are also equipped with rubber anti-slip soles. Cool, right? Or rather, warm.

1. My great Aunt Flo called cats wussies and kittens witties. Pussy wussies and kitty witties. It took me an embarrassingly long time to work out witties. I blame lack of context.

1. Alright, you win, diminutives are awkward!

2. I like the English diminutive construction -ling. My previous comment turned out a blogling, because it was so long.

We had socks with plastic underneath when I was a kid. They were called sockiplast.

I’m still keeping up with my “Yoga in Writing” … which I’ve grown to love (Morning Pages), and I’m glad you’re enjoying your version of Yoga.

1. I’ve noticed your lik(l)ing for the ling ending 😉 It’s a good one and one that I don’t use enough.

I’m familiar with a version of your sockiplast socks, but this toeless kind is designed specifically for exercise and it actually works. It’s the little things…

3. Love this concept. Positive thinking!

1. Thank you! I’m not really known for positive thinking, but sometimes I’m guilty of it too 🙂

1. Same. So much same. Its all good though. We’re only human 🙂

1. Good to hear I’m not the only positive/negative thinking schizophrenic mind 🙂

4. I’ve never seen such a thing for one’s tootsies…

1. Haha, I’m glad to have brought to your attention something you haven’t seen before. The things they invent – like socks for yoga 🙂

5. we have much in common, I too have a limited take on yoga and often refer to my heart as cold or myself as heartless.

1. A fellow heartless yogi! It brings about some difficulties, doesn’t it, when you’re supposed to open your heart in yoga, or align the heart over the pelvis 😉 Thanks for stopping by!

6. Splendid. Very sharp. I have a pair of these- for hands- for boxing and weights (and motorcycling??). Mine are also black.

Cheers,

smiling toadie

1. I also own a set of fingerless gloves. They’re the kind with a flap, you can expose your fingers when needed or hide them in the pocket, so to say, when not needed.

7. I am glad you explained the usefulness of the socks as i would find them irritating to wear…..but I guess everything has a purpose doesn’t it….

1. Haha, yes, this kind of socks would be horrible to wear with shoes, it’s special purpose socks 😉

1. Ok I gathered as such.