Shoesie love

Shoesie love

Remember the other day when I ordered new shoes online only to test that my renewed payment card works and it did? (Disclaimer: I would’ve ordered the shoes even if I didn’t want to test my card.)

My order arrived in a matter of a few days, but it took me almost a week to pick it up at the post office. Theoretically, the post should have delivered the package, but I doubt that they even bothered trying. It would require effort and doing their job, god forbid.

I tested the new shoes on an extended expedition. They looked smarter in the catalogue than in real life, where they appear vaguely like old lady’s shoes. Since I am becoming an old lady, I thought it about right.

What convinced me for keeping the shoes was the pure awesomeness of how they feel on the feet. The manufacturer sells those with some bombastic labels attached, claiming their comfiness, but of course it didn’t occur to me to take the slogans seriously.

For once, it wasn’t entirely false advertising. I withstood the whole day without major damage toย my highly hurt-proneย feet. It’s just a shame that one has to pay such an unchristian price for reasonable quality. I wonder if it’s a punishment for me not being a Christian. (But I doubt that.)

1. Good to hear they are comfortable and actually fit your feet. Shoe shopping can be a nightmare sometimes. For me, my feet are very wide at the top and it is so hard to find a comfortable pair. I need a new pair of sneakers and I started the hunt last week… D:

As for collecting things from the post office, I take forever to collect them too. To put it simply, it is such an effort and takes up so much time from going to the post office to queuing up for your turn ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for relating ๐Ÿ™‚ My feet are so weird that they get hurt even in sneakers, so it’s hard to find shoes that don’t rub anywhere – which of course you don’t know unless you wear them for some time, after which you can’t return them… So I’m rather pleased with my old lady’s shoes. My experience with post offices is just as yours – you not only have to get there, but you have to wait there often for ages, which probably won’t kill you but won’t make your day either ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. Good for you! Comfy shoes are hard to come by, and yours are looking good too, as an added bonus ๐Ÿ™‚. I know how you’re feeling about these ones — felt the same way about those EarthSpirit-shoes. The only time I could’ve put on shoes in the store and continued walking, no โ€œbreaking inโ€ necessary.

I doubt your lack of religious belief has anything to do with it … probably other powers at play LOL

When stuff is too big for the mailbox downstairs, he usually hits the buzzer. If we’re at home, he’ll come up here with it. Otherwise it has to be picked up at the drugstore. It’s rare I get packages, so normally I go there as quickly as possible, as it’s something I’ve been waiting for. Like I am now [Amazon package with fountain pen stuff].

1. I hope your fountain pen supplies are arriving soon ๐Ÿ˜‰ I live at an address which is hard to find, so I think that the post office doesn’t even attempt to deliver packages – they just send an email or a text that my package is ready for pick-up. I choose delivery via private companies whenever I can because you can usually arrange the time of delivery and they actually try to find you. The regular post doesn’t – it’s state-owned, and state-owned businesses as a rule don’t care about their business.

I don’t really think unchristian prices have to do with Christianity ๐Ÿ˜‰ But the thought popped up that it’s none of my business to complain that something is unchristian since I’m not Christian. Christian or otherwise, I’m glad I have a pair of shoes that doesn’t look too ugly and doesn’t hurt my feet. My feet get hurt so easily – I have scars on my heels and toes as they get repeatedly hurt by most unexpected kinds of shoes, including trainers.

1. We have the same word in Swedish [unchristian], and it has nothing to do with being religious there either LOL

1. Haha, yes, that’s precisely the meaning of unchristian that I had in mind – before I started to overanalyse it.

3. They don’t look that bad !! Like you I have an aversion to wearing nanna shoes ๐Ÿ™‚ My last 2 pairs (bought on line and wonderfully comfortable) are orange and hot pink! And jusst to prove the point I’m not an old fuddy duddy I had violet, blond and soft pink highlights in my hair today ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Sounds fun! Both your brightly coloured shoes and your hair ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m a colour coordination freak, so I only buy clothes and shoes when I know exactly what I’ll match them with. I needed black shoes this time to match with my black top ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. I’m all about comfort over style when it comes to footwear. I stand on my feet for too long to be doing with fashionable footwear that makes my poor trotters ache. I also can’t walk in heels. So I’ve been wearing old lady shoes my whole life and I’m unrepentant about it.

1. Way to go, being unrepentant about comfort ๐Ÿ™‚ Seriously. I can’t walk in heels either and I quite admire anyone who does. A low heel is alright, but I’m always amazed to see women walking on the cobblestones in my town while wearing stilettos and looking like it’s no big deal.

5. Mara! You’re not losing your trademark cynicism, are you?!?! (Evil grin)

I quit wearing heels some time ago although I do still love a fun pair of brown leather boots with just a wee bit of a heel. Comfort IS King (or Queen, as it were….).

They look great!

1. Oh no, I do hope I’m not losing my trademark cynicism, that would probably mean I’m dead ๐Ÿ˜‰ Comfort is the Queen, well said! I like to combine comfort with reasonably nice design, which is of course difficult. So I’m glad I sort of managed in my new pair ๐Ÿ˜‰

6. All my shoes are atheist friendly

1. Good on you! ๐Ÿ˜€

7. Well I’m pleased like every one else to know the shoes fit like a glove and treat your feet with the respect they are due. I have discovered that the best shoes I have ever owned are expensive, probably made by small children in a factory in Bangla Desh for 10Cents a shoe but comfortable never the less. If there are old lady shoes what is the equivalent old man shoes?

1. The equivalent of old lady’s shoes would be old gentleman’s shoes, wouldn’t it? I suspect that these particular shoes I bought were actually manufactured in Germany. Which would be weird, since everything is made in Asian countries by underpaid kids these days.