I can die happy now. I’ve had sushi. Of course, I didn’t cook it. I may be suicidal but food poisoning isn’t high on my list of preferred ways to go. I also had sushi before, except it wasn’t sushi because it was a frozen ready meal. Whatever is deep frozen and mass produced tastes the sameβ€”like nothing.

While I never go out, I made an exception to confirm the rule and actually went to eat out. Also, while I never eat with chopsticks (because I want toΒ eat, not have a swordfight with my food), I ate with chopsticks. Finally, while I never drink tea (unless I believe I’m dying), I drank Japanese green tea from miniature cups.

I loved it all so much that I will never eat again. I don’t want to spoil my experience. Plus, the meal cost about a week’s worth of groceries. I still insist on never taking pictures of food, so below is a snap of the sushi place and my legs being bored and waiting with anticipation for sushiii.

1. So. I am not at all adventurous when it comes to food and sushi sounds like a total turn off. And yet I know people who love it. Go figure.

Go, you! You gave it a try!!

1. I’m the most unadventurous person ever, especially when it comes to food. I was very surprised at sushi though, I was wondering what the hype was about, but it really tasted delicious. I even managed to feed myself with the chopsticks πŸ™‚

2. Sounds luscious! Al categorically does not like sushi. However, there is a sushi bar next to the deli at our grocery store. I have been tempted by sushi to go. I like the photographs.

1. It was surprisingly awesome! And I don’t say “awesome” often. Hardly ever. If you don’t hate rice, fish and vegetables, I can’t see why you wouldn’t enjoy sushi πŸ™‚ I recommend it!

1. I think that I will, then. Next time I’m well enough to venture a shopping trip again. The fish sushi is the least problematic, I think, considering gluten content. πŸ™‚ Thanks!

1. I’m sure sushi is good food for a healthy lifestyle. I suspect it needs to be prepared well though! The frozen sushi I first got was really bad.

3. I’ve tried sushi once and I’ll never do it again.It just tasted awful.

1. Poor thing! But it’s perfectly normal for people to have different tastes, right πŸ™‚

4. SUSHIIIIIIIII …. ❀ ❀ ❀

I live in an Asian neighbourhood so I'm surrounded by amazing sushi. Not all sushi is created equally, so good sushi places are worth revisiting over and over. We normally order in … and have to get extra for Theo because he loves sushi too.

My cat is not spoiled πŸ˜‰

1. Hahaha, no, of course Theo is not spoiled πŸ˜‰ And absolutely agreed, sushi is one of the dishes that need to be done fresh and well.

5. Interesting!!! I’ve never had it. I’m not sure if I will. We have a sushi bar in one of the grocery stores, and it looks good, but it’s the thought of raw fish that throws me off. But then again, I love pickled herring, and that’s sort of raw too.

You did good. Go you! πŸ˜€

1. It didn’t taste like raw fish at all. It’s not that I know how raw fish tastes. And it wasn’t just fish, there were vegetables and salmon and fish egg and what not. It came with weeds and ginger as a sidedish. I’m not sure if fish egg and weeds sound any more tempting to you than raw fish πŸ˜‰

1. Teehee … I will definitely think about it more now. There’s a ‘raw’ salmon that’s almost a Swedish, national dish … I guess I would say it’s ‘cured’. I’ve eaten that all my life. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravlax

1. Oh, I see! I never had this but I know I’d love it ❀

6. Good sushi is nice. But still not my preferred choice.

1. More sushi left for me then πŸ˜‰

7. sushi=yummmmmo. chopsticks=torture devices…here, here’s some delicious food that you will never manage to taste because you can’t get it to your mouth.

1. Haha πŸ˜€ The first time I tried chopsticks, I deliberately didn’t separate them entirely and used them as an awkward fork. It didn’t work out well, but the waiter and some tables in the vicinity were amused. Then I asked for a fork and knife. Sushi lends itself quite good to eating with the chopsticks, I managed to feed myself πŸ™‚

1. I’m going to try the awkward fork thing

8. Oh my goodness I love sushi. And sashimi. Sashimi is my favourite food, apart from dumplings. And having travelled to Asia for work quite a few times, I’ve become pretty good with chopsticks.

1. I’m not familiar with Asian cuisine, but I googled sashimi and I think I’d love it! Actually, it occurred to me that in my country we eat raw meat too, it’s called “tatarak”, I couldn’t find a translation into English, and it’s finely ground fresh raw meat with seasoning, served on toast. It’s considered a huge delicacy.

1. Oh I do love sashimi so much!! I wish someone would bring me some right now. Your tatarak sounds like what we would call carpaccio.

1. Oh yes, tatarak is like carpaccio, I knew that there must be an English word for this kind of food. I’m putting sashimi on my bucket list πŸ˜€