On the last day of the last year, Rebekah of Tassitus blogged about starting a personalised 365 challenge. On the first of January, she indeed did: it’s a gratitude project during which she will publish a post a day about what she was grateful for that day.

Since the new year is such a convenient occasion for beginning new things, I couldn’t get the idea of picking a similar challenge out of my head. It’s not that I’m not already challenged enough: my ongoing 365 Phoneography Project is now from two thirds completed and it’s my second run of a year of posting a photo a day.

I’ll be joining Rebekah in her gratitude project then, but I won’t call it so. I surely have the experience of gratitude, but admitting that might ruin my cynical facade. In order not to lose my face, I will call my project What I Hated the Least Today.

What I hated the least (and subsequently the most) today was snow. I jumped out of the bed in the morning when I saw this winter’s first snow because I was planning to go out shooting it. (This was the first time probably in years that I jumped out of the bed, which made me suspect that I was either ill or even dead.)

In my early misguided enthusiasm, I didn’t foresee that it wouldn’t stop snowing – like ever, and as my camera isn’t snowproof, there was no shooting trip. I did take a few snaps with my phone, which I shielded from the snowfall with the bulk of my own body.

1. This is funny…what I hated least…I like your take

1. Thank you for approving 🙂 I looks like I’ve found my thing.

2. Yes, I do like that – what I hated least today – there’s a certain ring to it….

1. Thank you! Since I’m intending to keep up the challenge (at least for a while, ha), I’m glad you hate it the least 😀

3. LOL I love that!!! The other way would certainly have produced a crack in your facade! 🙂

1. I know, right, I need to keep my integrity intact 😉 And I hate it the least that I joined you in your project!

4. Keepin up appearances can be so important, lol. But you may have just opened up a tiny little chink 🙂

1. I deny everything 😉 But I am looking to see where this challenge will lead me. I’ll see if I’ll need to redecorate my facade at the end.

1. look forward to reading all about it 🙂

5. This is funny! The idea is so … you!

1. I’m glad that you don’t hate it. And you got me, I guess it’s very me…

6. lol, I came across the “photoadayforwhatIamGratefulfor” some time ago as well… it seems to be the latest craze in 365 projects and is actually a very inspiring concept… but… I like your title and interpretation better 😀 way more realistic…

1. I’m glad you like my take on the theme! I find the original gratefulness project interesting but a bit too saccharine for me. Needed to make it more down to earth 😉