Being unemployed is a lot of work. Even more work is preparing for a PhD state exam and dissertation defence, which I’m taking in late November. When these workloads combine, what we get is a blogging break. I’ll be retiring for this month in my hermit’s cave to study, and I hope to remerge in December, or as soon as I’m up to it. I’ll be still posting my lazy 365 project photos, though, so you won’t miss miss me. Have a fun autumn!

1. Good luck with your studies!

1. Thanks a lot! Hope it goes ok…

1. Through your poetry I got the impression that you are a smart person.
        Don’t worry. You’ll do just fine 🙂

1. Awe, thank you… I’ll keep you posted 🙂

1. So… a part of your exam is already over, isn’t it?
            I sure hope everything went far better than you expected 🙂

2. Yep, actually, I’m a doctor now 🙂 Thank you again for your support, it was amazing! I’m happy to be back to blogging now.

3. That’s wonderful news 🙂 I am so happy to hear that. Congratulations!

And it’s good to hear we’re having you back 😉

4. Awe, thank you! The pleasure is mine 🙂 I think I’ll blog about my PhD exam, in retrospect, it was quite fun. I’ll see when the inspiration for this post comes!

5. I am looking forward to it 🙂

6. I’m curious too how it will turn out :-O

2. Welcome to the blogging-break club and enjoy your PhD state exam and dissertation defence! 🙂

1. The blogging-break club looks fun. Though I’m not as yet certain how I’m going to enjoy studying for my exam and defence. I feel I’m too old for this stuff…

1. That’s probably because you are.

1. Haha, now this brutally honest comment amused me more than it should 😀

1. Haha, I’m actually known to be brutally honest 😄

2. I thought so. It’s refreshing.

3. Pace the studies, hope it all goes well.

1. Thank you for your kind comment! I’m making an action plan now, and I hope to manage all as planned…

4. Good luck, Mara. Believe me, you will re-emerge stronger but not necessarily as you expected….

1. Oh yes, I’m too convinced that I will re-emerge wiser, and certainly not in ways that I originally imagined. It’s never as you imagine, is it?

5. Best of luck with everything, Mara.

1. Thank you very much! I’m now mildly envious of your conscious choice not to go for a PhD…

6. Good luck Mara. Rooting for you!!

1. Awe, thanks a lot for your support! It’s encouraging!

7. Best wishes that when you return in December, you will have been successful in both endeavours!!

1. Thank you very much for your well wishes, it helps a lot, actually, to feel supported 🙂

1. You know where to find us 🙂

8. Good luck! You’re going to rock the place!

1. I wish I would rock it 🙂 Now I feel more like rolling on the floor in despair… But let’s do it. Thanks for wishing my luck!

9. All the best, Mara. Finish that PhD and and come out on top! 🙂

1. Thank you so much, Mabel, your support means a big deal. It’s very encouraging and reassuring 🙂

10. You’ll be just fine … looking forward to seeing you in December [or when you’re up for it 🙂 ]

1. Awe, thank you for your support! I’m actually looking forward already to coming back to blogging 🙂

11. Have a good “study” and good luck for your exams!!! Keep focused 🙂

1. Thanks a lot for your well wishes! I’ll try my best to stay focused… *frowns and focuses*

1. …that’s it, keep going XD