365Done

Check out the number of this photo. Yes, it’s 365, and my Project 365 is completed.

1. congrats, well done. Long project. What did you like or dislike about this project?

1. Long for sure! But I loved the project overall. It certainly helped me to gain a fresh vision of my surroundings and it helped me to improve my photo skills immensely. What I disliked sometimes was when I felt uninspired and had no interesting photos to choose from. On the whole, I recommend it though!

2. New goal! Project # 6,365!

Also congratulations!

1. LOL! I hardly ever say LOL, but LOL! But nope. No 6,365. I’m done. Also, I started to hate on number six. ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Congratulations! What challenge are you setting yourself next?

1. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll be posting a wrap-up post tomorrow and I am actually setting myself a few new challenges!

1. That’s great. I always like to have at least one creative challenge on the go. I always enjoy seeing your posts so I look forward to seeing whatever you do next.

1. You’re so nice — your support means a lot to me. Without that, I’d be just keeping a private diary… Not a bad thing to do, but you know, it’s not the same… I admire that you can stay creative with four boys on your hands!

1. That’s what keeps me sane. Art is my self-care and blogging is my therapy.

2. Yes. Very well said. I can imagine that’s true. Keep it up ๐Ÿ™‚ !

4. WanderingVagrant 31/07/2014 at 3:44 am

Phenomenal feat Mara!! Congratulations! Your persistence is admirable ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Thanks a lot! Yes, I know, I can’t believe I completed the project after all!

5. Great job and great last photo!

1. Thank you a lot for your support! It wouldn’t be as much fun without it!

6. Haha,finally!
    I think I discovered your blog when you weren’t yet on Day 100! Again..time flies!
    The project completed,I think we’ll only see the best of your pics from now on; you’ll only shoot when you’ll feel inspired! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    That being said,I cannot wait to see the things you will capture with your DSLR and extension tube. ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Time flies awfully! And yes, exactly, now I’ll be only posting the best photos. Though I have several months’ worth photos done still with the compact camera and I think some of them are too good to discard. So, there’ll be a mix of my compact and my DSLR photos…

The extension tube is something I’m only getting used to — not easy! — but the results are awesome when I chance to take a good shot, and I’m sure I’ll be posting a macro gallery in a matter of few weeks ๐Ÿ™‚

How is your shooting, by the way? Have you got perhaps a public page where you put up your photos?

1. Oh I have no idea how people use an extension tube,although it is very popular due to the costliness of many macro lenses.

Hmm,I have started shooting and employed techniques learnt here and there on the net.I have added a flickr link on my blog – it is on the sidebar and you just have to click on the icon to access my gallery.

I don’t have many photos and they are not absolutely breathtaking,but I had to start with something.I reckon that I can only progress from there.

I think I’ll start following the weekly photo challenge again as it’ll show me in what direction to look at! I might start a new blog for photography reserved exclusively for that challenge. And I might add my pics in my Flickr gallery!

1. Ha! That comes from me reading blogs mostly in the Reader and rarely visiting the actual sites — I didn’t see your Flickr button. The few photos that you do have there are however awesome. I mean it. Please do keep me up to date about your projects online lest I should fail to notice them again!

I recommend the WordPress weekly prompt not only for inspiration but also as a way to connect with other bloggers — and also get some more traffic ๐Ÿ˜‰ Setting up a new photoblog might be an idea, but I’d fear that it could be too much to manage. On the other hand, it wouldn’t be that logical for you to have your photos on your literature blog. With me, my blog is about everything, so I guess I can pull off posting anything…

Sorry for the unsolicited advice and let’s keep on shooting! ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Thanks! I’m glad you like them! Having a prime lens that can act as a macro is a big advantage as it doesn’t stop focusing on tiny things.However it has a very,very short focal length which means that I will never be able to shoot tiny living insects! That’s why all the subjects of my pics are ”still-life”.

I think I will go on with my idea of creating another blog.As you said,it might get me more traffic and more inspiration.I won’t be posting regularly though (maybe once every week) as my main blog will still be the one about literature!

And I never mind your ‘unsolicited’ advices! I tend to give them as well… ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. That’s very much new to me the lens that you mention. I did realise that there are some “universal” ones, but I didn’t imagine that you could make landscapes and near-macro with one lens unless you have very dear professional equipment. Do you have any favourite sites about photography? I’m soliciting your advice ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m excited about your new photoblog idea! Please do remember to tell me when you have it set up, I’d hate to miss it! Let’s wish us both happy shooting…

3. Oh,in fact you can shoot landscape or anything with any lens there is.However a prime lens (one that has no zoom) will always be best as it delivers the sharpest and most faithful image .But photo-editing softwares can now easily correct photo distortion of other lenses.

My lens is pretty much one of a kind.It is the only prime lens which can shoot macro as well.Yet unlike other prime lenses,it’s f-stop stops at 2.8 and not at 1.8 or 1.4 which is generally the case for other ‘primes’.What is the advantage of having a 1.8 or 1.4 f stop? Well,you can shoot in low light without having to push shutter speed,ISO or aperture to the extremes.Maybe one day I’ll buy the 50mm 1.8G.Note that all primes lenses all under Rs 10,000.I think that’s great if you ask me.Also prime lenses,apart from mine,cannot shoot macro.

Although it doesn’t have a 1.8 aperture or a great focal length to shoot macro,I have no complain with my lens.It totally suits my purpose and is impressively crisp! I bought it for Rs9000.

I don’t really have a favourite site,but the links below were of a huge help to me:
            Landscape: http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-tips/landscape-photos/

Macro:

Minimalism:

General (Very Helpful):

Very often when the photographer fails to take the photo he wants,he blames the camera and gets discouraged.That happened to me and to a lot of people.The link below will show some breathtaking photos people shot with the same camera as yours.Browse through their galleries to discover the amazing capabilities of your D80 :

I hope I’ve helped! ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. Ah… This is very helpful. It’s funny though, it never occurred to me to blame the camera for my failure — or to blame anything or anyone else for my failure. I guess I’m of a self-blaming disposition. On an unrelated note, your knowledge about photography is much larger than mine, as I suspected. Good ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Congratulations! Well done on reaching the end of Project #365. ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Thank you! It was great fun, but I’m glad it’s over ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Congrats! What an achievement ๐Ÿ™‚ What was your favourite part of the project, and was it difficult to keep up? I love this last shot of you (?) in action. So fitting.

1. Thank you, Mabel! Yep, the last shot is me in action, I thought that appropriate ๐Ÿ™‚

I loved the project, I learned a lot about shooting and about my surroundings while keeping up, though it was occasionally difficult to stay inspired. At the end of the day, I’d recommend a similar project to anyone! ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Thanks, Mia! Great to hear from you, hope you’re doing fine ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Major heat wave here but I’m still alive ๐Ÿ˜€

1. WHAT? Major heat wave in Finland?

1. Yes at least 30 celsius.Today it was raining so some relief but the heat will continue at the weekend.

2. Oh! Sorry for my ignorance, I never knew the northern parts of Finland could possibly be that hot! Of course, 30 C is just normal summer for me ๐Ÿ™‚ But I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you so that you don’t get baked!

3. A lot of people think Finland is cold all the time but that’s not the case.There can be summers hot like this summer but sometimes it’s a bit cooler.I’m not a fan of hot weather so I just have to live with it.I try to stay out of the sun.Shadows rule ๐Ÿ™‚

4. This is actually good news for me because now I know I can visit Finland in future even though I can’t stand the frost. Stay cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž !

9. Congrats Mara! Nice to see you ๐Ÿ˜‰ can’t wait to hear what you have got up your sleeve next!

1. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚ What I got up my sleeve? Well, I checked and it’s a healthy looking arm… No, seriously, there’s a wrap-up post scheduled for tomorrow and I do have big-time plans! I wish I devoted so much energy to study & work as I devote to blogging.

By the way, an excellent interview on your blog today — you asked exactly the questions that I’d be interested in asking a writer!

1. Yay – looking forward to tomorrow now! Lady of mystery ๐Ÿ˜‰
        Aww thanks! Yes, thought it was a good opportunity to ask all the questions I have always wondered about. Linda is a lovely lady! X

1. I’m no lady of mystery, I’m just too lazy to tell you now what you’ll learn tomorrow in a post… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Linda certainly comes across as a very nice person! A great idea to do the interview when you had the chance!

10. Mara, congrats on completing the 365 challenge! I’m looking forward to seeing more of your photography ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Thanks so much! I’m happy that the project is over and now I can take up new challenges ๐Ÿ™‚

11. What now? I hope you won’t stop blogging? There are many more numbers!

1. No, I won’t stop blogging, I think I could die if I stopped blogging ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I’ll find myself new ways to keep on plaguing you with my blog ๐Ÿ˜‰ Because that’s how evil I am!

12. Yay congrats you did so well x